How do I give myself an enema if i have internal hemorrhoids? Is that safe orshould i do something else? I tried usingit,but it wouldn't fit in.Thanku

Dr. Kevin Carr

In brief: Not safe...

If you cannot comfortably fit the tubing into the rectum, do not force it--especially in the setting of known internal hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids are dilated blood vessels caused by increased pressures due to rectal straining--it may not be a good idea to give yourself enemas in this setting as the straining caused by rapid discharge of fluids may cause worsening of your hemorrhoids.

In brief: Not safe...

Dr. Kevin Carr
Dr. Kevin Carr
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care

In brief: See a doctor

Perhaps having your hemorrhoids removed will help you with enemas.
I would see your doctor to examine your rectum and confirm there is no obstruction and determine if you need enemas.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery