Reading conflicting info online - can genital herpes (HSV-2) of the groin cause lymph node swelling in the neck along with the groin?

Pathology

In brief: That's news to me

Since essentially all young adults have a few swollen lymph nodes in the neck, and it's healthy (they're your friends), it would be impossible to investigate this (frankly silly-sounding) claim. If the nodes in your neck flare when your genital herpes lesions do, maybe there's a connection.
No big deal. Otherwise, stop worrying and get on with your life and be thankful for good health.

In brief: That's news to me

Dr. Jane Van Dis