Which is better test to Dx mediastititis caused by potential tear in esophagus caused by impact of car collison? CT, MRI, or barium swallow test?

Barium Swallow. The first line test is a barium swallow with water soluble contrast. Depending on the results from that exam at Chest CT is the next line exam.
Tear/leak in. esophagus is probably best demonstrated by contrast esophagram. Mediastinitis is probably best demonstrated by chest CT. But diagnostic tests are never 100%. False negatives occur with finite incidence and false postives too. That is why one needs to get diagnostic tests only when they are clinically indicated.