Taking Cialis and viagra (sildenafil) together seem to work best. Is that ok?

No. see your doctor for management. this combination may cause an unsafe drop in your blood pressure.
May need higher dose. The drugs work the same way. Viagra (sildenafil) works and wears off quickly. Cialis has longer effect and is approved for daily use to be ready for sex all the time. Talk to your doctor about higher dose of either one alone. If you prefer to take when needed use Viagra (sildenafil). If you want to be ready without having to stop and take med use Cialis. If this doesn't work taking both may be OK if no side effects.