Can anal sex effect the healing process after a cervical biopsy?

Dr. Jose Abreu

In brief: Anal sex is safe!!!!

Absolutely not effect at all.
Anal sex will not hurt the biopsy, but avoid vaginal intercourse untill cervix is fully healed.

In brief: Anal sex is safe!!!!

Absolutely not effect at all.
Dr. Jose Abreu
Dr. Jose Abreu
Dr. Dale Carrison
Emergency Medicine

In brief: No, if anal only

If you have anal sex and also vaginal sex together, you could transfer bacteria from the rectal area into the vagina.
This could cause the biopsy site to become infected. Unprotected anal sex is considered high risk sex. If it is only anal sex, it should not affect the healing process of a cervical biopsy.

In brief: No, if anal only

Dr. Dale Carrison
Dr. Dale Carrison
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Anal Sex

This is unlikely to be a problem. Unless you have vaginal penetration as well.
I would hope for you that your partner is patient and gentle as you embark on this sexual experience.

In brief: Anal Sex

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Adam Levy