I have high blood presser. Can that affect my erection ?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: High BP & Erections

Yes. Arterial damage from high blood pressure can lead to difficulty getting and maintaining an erection.
However, the treatment of high blood pressure sometimes can also interfere with good and normal erectile functions.

In brief: High BP & Erections

Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: No

Not the high blood pressure, but if you are put on medication that might.
Buy a good electronic BP device and get some daily reading, no more than two per day and find out if some or many are in a normal range. This would suggest that you have " white coat" hypertension, which is an anxiety problem and not true hypertension.

In brief: No

Dr. Vicken Poochikian