Sharp pain around top of left breast around chest... but not not on it. Have felt for lumps but none there. Any ideas?

Some possibilities. If your breast examination was normal, this discomfort could be due to an irritated/inflamed chest wall muscle or could be due to a pinched intercostal nerve which runs between two ribs and may increase with a deep breath and often radiates around the side of the rib cage. A muscular discomfort usually has associated tenderness. Your physician can advise you after an examination if it persists.