I have had 4 knee surgeries on my left knee but any slight twisting motion makes my pop. It pops at the back of my knee and to the left. Help!?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine

In brief: Arthritis/cartilage

Almost anyone that has had 4 surgeries is susceptible to knee arthritis.
Popping in the knees can be benign and of no concern, or, if associated with pain, is often a sign of mensical tears, bone spurs and loose bodies. An x-ray or an MRI are often helpful in demonstrating the problem, but you'll need to visit with an orthopaedic specialist to customize a treatment program for you.

In brief: Arthritis/cartilage

Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Robert Wallach
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See Orthopedist

The popping and pain could be due to a meniscus (cartilage in the knee) tear. See an orthopedic surgeon for examination and possible MRI as a next step.

In brief: See Orthopedist

Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine