Is it possible to develop HPV throat cancer in a year? I have an itchy throat with some throat pain. I am very worried that I will die.

Yes. Oralcontact with HPV is not uncommon as a sexually transmitted virus. The H&N is an increasing site for lesions related to the virus to develop. Within a 2 yr. period of time if lesion does not develop the virus is frequently eliminated. Oral exam is the best way to define a lesion. Such squamous lesions are sensitive to RT and chemo. Itchy throat more likely inflammatory.