I have an ear infection and have been on amoxicilina for 6 days. The first 3 days my ear was blocked. Now I have a constant clear and sticky discharge?

Dr. Melissa Gowans

In brief: Ear drum rupture

Your ear infection was accompanied by an effusion - a collection of fluid behind the membrane.
That fluid gave you the sensation of being "blocked". Now the pressure has reach a point that the ear drum ruptured and now that effusion can drain. It's not an uncommon occurrence. Finish your antibiotics and follow-up with your primary care doc for re-eval to assess whether ENT referral is needed.

In brief: Ear drum rupture

Dr. Melissa Gowans
Dr. Melissa Gowans
Dr. Jonathan Jassey