I lost 40lbs in 3 month with diet and excersize. Lately, I've noticed my heart beats 3 times real quick then normal, should I visit the doc?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Whenever someone feels persistent heart rhythm abnormalities, they should see their dr to figure out what's going on.
If you lost that much weigt so quickly, they might want to make sure your electrolytes are normal, and that you don't have over active thyroid. Furthermore, if you took any over the counter weight loss pill/supplement, pls bring bottle to your dr- they can cause serious problems.

Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Pathology
In brief: Maybe
Three beats in a row with a pause is "trigeminy".
Some people have it all the time and alone it's usually a mere curiosity. If you are having more than five of these triplets per minute, and have already tried reducing your caffeine intake, and you have no other signs or symptoms, let your physician decide whether you should be seen.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine