I believe i have a torn ACL. I have swelling arty the knee and under the knee. Now I've noticed from my hurt knee all the way down to my ankle my entire leg /chin/ankle is really swollen. This is new. Is this due to the injury?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

I would be seen. It could be a torn ACL or other ligament or cartilage, there could even be a component of a sciatica to your complaint; but when people begin to complain of swelling in the leg itself, a blood clot is a consideration as well.
And, because that is potentially life threatening, you need to be seen to rule this out.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine