How thyroid cancer showed up on tailbone lump biopsy?

Metastasis. Hi. One of the cardinal characteristics of cancer is the ability of cancer cells to leave the site of origin and spread elsewhere in the body (metastasize). While fairly uncommon, differentiated thyroid cancer (papillary and follicular) can metastasize to bone (local spread in neck followed by lungs are most common sites of metastasis). Had you been previously diagnosed with thyroid cancer?
Can happen. Thyroid Cancer can spread(it is called Metastases) to many parts of the body including bones, Lungs and skin. This usually takes place when Cancer cells detach from a tumor, float in the blood and settle down elsewhere and make a new colony of Cancer in another organ of the body. This is quite common with Cancer, in general.