Is ciprofloxacin supposed to make me feel dizzy and nauseous after taking it? I have 10 to take over 5 days. And I have taken 2. Am I in danger?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Cipro (ciprofloxacin) side-effects

All medicines can have side-effects and if you notice a correlation between the time you take the Cipro (ciprofloxacin) and these side-effects, then it's possible.
(These are minor but real side effects listed in the Package Insert). You should call your prescribing doc and tell them about this, so they can prescribe something different. It's possible the disease itself is causing these symptoms but good to check

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine