I have mild tinnitus and moderate vertigo. Scan shows ​Prominent AICA branches extending into both internal auditory canals. Implication/treatment?

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Neurology

In brief: Controversial cause

although the labyrinthine artery, which is a branch of the anterior cerebral artery supplies the middle ear, whether prominence of this artery can cause ringing in the ears is controversial.
I would make sure there is not another cause for the tinnitus. such as hearing loss due otosclerosis or hardening of the little bones that conduct sound or some other problem.

In brief: Controversial cause

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Dr. Felix Brizuela
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal

In brief: Probably

not related

In brief: Probably

not related
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine