I seem to have blepharitis & my eyes get very red, painful, and sensitive to light after wearing contacts. Any suggestions? Would daily contacts help?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: Blepharitis & Contac

t lens wear do not go together! This is a recipe for disaster, as the bacteria involved with causing blepharitis will end up under your contact lens, and create a vicious cycle.
Best to wear glasses, and get the blepharitis completely under control. Throw those contaminated lens away. See your eye doctor. Have your blepharitis/ dry eyes evaluated & treated properly.Cut down your computer time too.

In brief: Blepharitis & Contac

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Don't mean to sound harsh, but it sounds like this may have been going on for some time, and the cause must be treated first, before considering what type of CL is best for you to use. Otherwise it's a moot point. Computers tend to reduce the blink reflex, and can cause dry eyes, reducing the tear film needed for the CLs. Then, mucus builds up, blepharitis sets in, and the cycle repeats itself.
Dr. Andrea Brand