I take my ferrous sulphate 3x a day every 6 hrs. Am I wrong? Or do I have to follow 8hrs? Dr didn't specify time. Just 3x a day.

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Medication Timing

Directions for taking a medicine 3 times a day is different than every 8 hours.
You are correct in the way you are taking it. A better description would be three times a day while awake. If the directions said every 8 hours, then that is how you should take it. In reality, there are very few medications that it makes much difference.

In brief: Medication Timing

Dr. Anthony Spearman

In brief: Every 8 hrs

you can take it every 8 hours.
you may want to add a daily stool softener because iron can sometimes make you constipated.

In brief: Every 8 hrs

you can take it every 8 hours.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela