How does a male treat his HPV genital warts? What creams/ointments should he apply to it to make it go away?

Several options. Several are available. The trade names are those in the US and may be different in your country: podofilox (Condylox®), sinecatechins (Veregen®), imiquimod (Zyclara®, Aldara®). Treatments in a doctor's office include freezing, acid treatment (bi- or trichloroacetic acid), podophyllin resin, cautery, surgical removal. See a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get advice on best Rx for you.
Avoid self-Rx. A guy needs prescription-strength Rx or laser Rx, supervised by a physician with a specialty interest here. There are a variety of good options. A gentleman uses a condom in any case, warts or no.