Can i develop cervical cancer in a year? I had a leep a year ago for severe dysplasia i have my appointment next week... Really scared im 23.

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Severe Dysplasia

Linda the reason they took the tissue out is it had the chance of turning into cancer, I'm almost positive that they wanted you to come back in 6 months to get repeat testing, probably a colposcopy.
This is because they wanted to make sure everything was ok. So it has been a year now, there is no sense being so scared. You need to get the exam and testing. Chances are it will not be cancer!

In brief: Severe Dysplasia

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jane Van Dis