Can I get an STD test while on my period? Is it normal for a doctor to refuse blood and urine testing to a patient, and only recommend a physical exam

Yes. Testing for STDs can be done while on your period. Some are done on blood drawn from your arm and others on urine or cervical swabs but bleeding does not prevent any of the testing.The only way to know why a physician would want to just do an exam and no blood or urine tests would be to ask that physician. Sorry I can't tell u what the other doctor was thinking. It may have been done to save money.