Can talking nonsense or repeating words or sounds while I'm "zoned out" be another development with my epilepsy? Will this be permanent? Treatable?

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: "Development"?

Not sure what you mean by "development;" "manifestation" is more appropriate.
A complex partial seizure discharge can cause aphasia, dysphasia, &/or verbal automatisms (that's what you're describing). It's part of the seizure syndrome itself. Some patients' seizures evolve over time. Suppressing the seizures (i.e. in the usual way with anticonvulsants) will also suppress the associated phenomena.

In brief: "Development"?

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Yes.

It is possible to develop a second type of seizure or it may be your postictal state.
Less likely but possible would be that it is related to a medication or metabolic problem . You should speak with the provider who manages your seizure medications to discuss what type of work up is needed.

In brief: Yes.