Lower back hurting for 4 weeks.Getting slowly better; but still no lifting left leg to the front or bending down+coming up.Weak+tight or need MRI?

Dr. John Gaffney

In brief: If it's getting

If it's getting better - not sure an MRI is indicated.
Typically these types of problems resolve within 2-3 months. I know, it's annoying and frustrating that it takes so long ... But stick with it. Perhaps some physical therapy might be helpful to speed your recovery. Hope this helps!

In brief: If it's getting

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

If you are getting a lot better, you could probably hold off on the MRI.
Even if you have a disc herniation, they can heal over time. So in an improving patient, there is very little you would see on an MRI that would change management options.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Eric Weisman