Why does my cat allergy make me cough? Along with the sneezing and runny nose, I cough. Is loratadine effective for this? WHAT is the best treatment?

Simple... The cat skin,hair cells enters your body by your nasal passage.that is why sneezing and cough( body trying to expel it ), runny nose because of your immune cells reacting with the cat antigen causing swelling and inflammation and oozing of fluid. Nasonex (mometasone) nasal spray will help better. The best way is to keep the cat outside the house,after that ventilate the house well, use Nasonex (mometasone),loratadine prn.