I had laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery 6 months ago....My groin area still hurts for days after i workout. Doc says it feels ok. Will this improve?

In brief: Usually - Yes

Many patients can feel pain or discomfort after inguinal hernia surgery.
In almost all cases, the pain will resolve slowly over the first year. When pain last longer than a year, or a new bulge is noted, an evaluation by a surgeon is necessary. Laparoscopic or open repairs where the mesh is placed under the muscles usually leads to the best results and lowest risk of ongoing pain.

In brief: Usually - Yes

Dr. Michael Reinhorn
Dr. Michael Reinhorn

In brief: Yes,

Yes it should improve.
Depends of the type of the procure. Certainly if persist have it checked out just to rule out a recurrence of the hernia. Rarely, but it can happen.

In brief: Yes,

Yes it should improve.
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery