A red boil on left vagina lip has appeared out of nowhere. Have been given amoxicillin and am using bacterial cream- Painful when I walk or pee. Help ?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Not "boiled over"?

First of all, condolences on the pain of a boil in a most sensitive location.
Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the medication to exercise its' "authority" over the boil and eventually it will dissipate or burst. Meanwhile, try sitting in a tub of hot water to help the process and ease the pain and if it doesn't get better in 3 days go back to your MD who is treating you to have it "lanced"

In brief: Not "boiled over"?

Dr. Manjeet Singh
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Boil

This boil may need incised and drained if its not responding to antibiotics.
I know it sounds harsh but this would definitely relieve the pain. You should go to the nearest ER or urgent care center.

In brief: Boil

Dr. Georgia Latham

In brief: Vaseline should help

Try applying Vaseline (petroleum jelly) to the painful area to prevent pain with urination.
If the amoxicillin and cream were prescribed for this problem, you should continue those for 3-4 days prior to changing these medications. If the antibiotic cream was OTC, you might get better results with Neosporin Plus which contains a numbing agent.

In brief: Vaseline should help

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham