Taking klonopin (clonazepam) during pregnancy what are the risks?

Big risks. Clonazepam has been assigned to pregnancy category D by the FDA. An increased risk of congenital malformations in humans has been associated with use of all known anticonvulsant agents in the treatment of women with epilepsy. However, epilepsy itself may be associated with an increased risk of congenital malformations. Additionally, use of other benzodiazepines is associated with an increased risk in congenital malformation.