I'm 16 sexually active for a year now and just this January 2015 I've been getting my period every 2weeks I'm not on birth control And?

Dr. Matthew Wilson

In brief: Anovulatory bleeding

Pregnancy is always on the list of possibilities when a woman has abnormal uterine bleeding or cycles.
You may be having anovulatory cycles (cycle without producing an egg from the ovary). If a urine pregnancy test is negative, i would recommend evaluation by your gynecologist, and treatment will depend on the cause of the abnormal bleeding and your current short-term pregnancy goals.

In brief: Anovulatory bleeding

Dr. Matthew Wilson
Dr. Matthew Wilson
Dr. Jane Van Dis