Went to hospital with swelling in left leg, had Ultrasound to find blood clot, no clot. 6 months later have swelling now in abdomen & constipation.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See doctor

I am concerned that there may be something in your abdomen causing the obstruction.
See your doctor ASAP to find out why. An abdominal ultrasound may also be in order.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: Get follow up care.

Obviously, when you first went to the hospital with left leg swelling the docs were concerned about a blood clot in your leg.
So that's where they looked. Swelling in your abdomen along with constipation will compel them to look elsewhere for a problem. While I'm hopeful you'll get good news, it's vitally important that you get seen again.

In brief: Get follow up care.

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: Symptoms worse?

Any time your symptoms become worse than they were before, is a good time to seek another evaluation.
Findings that were subtle on the 1st exam, may be more evident when your symptoms increase or change. Sometimes, blood clots can start in your abdomen before they show up in your legs, so it's worth getting another ultrasound to be sure.

In brief: Symptoms worse?

Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Dr. Andrea Brand