I am 23 and cannot maintain an erection. I did not have intercourse in 2 years but with my girlfriend I cannot get erection. What can be wrong? Treat?

Dr. Gregory Goldman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: It depends

In some cases this can be anxiety-based, whereas in others it might be physiological.
A good way to tell the difference is if you are able to get an erection while watching pornography or masturbating. If so, there's a good chance it's anxiety-based. Treatment in this case would be with psychotherapy, whereas physiological would call for medicine. They're not mutually exclusive, of course.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Gregory Goldman
Dr. Gregory Goldman
Dr. Jack Hinkle