I keep scratching in the same spots. My knees, ankles, and arms. What could it be?

Dr. Vakas Sial

In brief: Pruritus

Itchiness leads to scratching.
This is usually from an allergy response. You may have an auto immune issue. In most cases it could be secondary to something in the environment that you are displaying an allergic response to.

In brief: Pruritus

Itchiness leads to scratching.
Dr. Vakas Sial
Dr. Vakas Sial
Dr. Sadia Dar

In brief: Dermatitis

It could be allergy or reaction to a product or even food.
Other possible causes could be eczema, dermatitis or other pruritic conditions. Look for factors that you feel increase your symptoms and then eliminate one factor at a time to find which one it could be. On the other hand, for symptoms relief, topical Cortizone (hydrocortisone) 10 cream should help. Hope that helps.

In brief: Dermatitis

Dr. Sadia Dar
Dr. Sadia Dar