I was taking the birth control Sprintec, I started to get a thumping in my right ear.. I stopped taking it but now the thumping will not go away?

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Check your BP

check your bllood pressure, usually that shound may imply your BP is elevated.
if BP is normal then you may continue to take the meds. Make sure you keep yourself properly hydrated as dehydration may cause same symptoms.

In brief: Check your BP

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: Coincidence

I know of no connection between Sprintec or any other OCP and problems with your ear.
The continued thumping in your ear confirms the coincidental nature of the two. Better get back on your Sprintec ASAP before you feel a thumping in your abdomen caused by a growing fetus. I suggest you see a primary care doctor who can refer you to a specialist if he/she can't find out what's going on.

In brief: Coincidence

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Ear Thumping

doubtful this is due to birth control .
Need to be evaluated for blood pressure and ear abnormalities. See your physician.

In brief: Ear Thumping

doubtful this is due to birth control .
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Scott Schaffer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Open your ear

try breathing steam in through your mouth, out through your nose for 1 minute (retronasal steam technique) then blowing your nose and popping your ears; If that doesn't resolve your symptom, you should see your local ENT doctor for a thorough exam.

In brief: Open your ear

Dr. Scott Schaffer
Dr. Scott Schaffer

In brief: See your doctor

I don't know why you hear the thumping in your ear.
I suggest you see your primary care doctor to be evaluated.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Michelle Jones singer
Dr. Michelle Jones singer
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham