Took Zofran (ondansetron) throughout my pregnancy and delivered a baby girl... now Zofran (ondansetron) is being recalled due to birth defects..what do I do should I be worried?

Dr. Tiffanie Noonan

In brief: Healthy baby :)

Zofran (ondansetron) is pregnancy category B meaning that there are no controlled studies on human pregnancy and that in animal studies there has not been harm to the fetus.
That being said, if you gave birth to a healthy baby girl all you need to do is enjoy her and not worry - any birth defects that have been pointed at zofran (ondansetron) (but not scientifically proven) would have been noted after birth.

In brief: Healthy baby :)

Dr. Adam Levy