Im 22 years old with bad lungs my heart beat is 113 is that bad? At a rest

Dr. Kathy Robinson

A resting heart rate of 113 is too high.
Normal heart rate is 60-100. If your pulse is remaining this high you need to see a doctor right away. Avoiding stimulants like caffeine, nicotine and decongestants can be helpful as well.

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Kashif Abdullah

In brief: That is high

A heart rate over 100 bpm at rest is high and we call this tachycardia.
There are a variety of reasons for having a high resting heart rate. Examples are Infections, Thyroid issues, Lung and heart pathologies. I would advise you see your doctor tomorrow or during the week to help determine what the cause of your tachycardia is. If you feel chest pain or severe shortness of breath go to the ER.

In brief: That is high

Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology