Can I get genital herpes by using someones lipstick? And can genital herpes virus survive on lipsticks?

Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: YouGivingMeSomeLip??

Now wait a minute.
You think you might get genital Herpes using lipstick?I think maybe you are getting your lips confused. But anyways, in general this pesky virus can't last too long away from a nice warm body part. How long?Hard to say. I'd say you'd have to directly transmit the virus from lips to lips in order to have a chance,very small, of getting it. Anyways, use general hygiene common sense

In brief: YouGivingMeSomeLip??

Now wait a minute.
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: I'm sure the virus

stays alive for a while but I'm not sure if it's hours or days.
Best not to put your lips to anything that a person with an active cold sore has recently touched.

In brief: I'm sure the virus

Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Jane Van Dis