I have redness and severe itch on the sides of my vagina had it for 2 months what is it and how do I treat it?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Dermatitis
Could be hives or contact dermatitis.
I would see a dermatologist or you could try some over the counter Benadryl (diphenhydramine) pills or lotion (not in the vagina) to see if it helps. If so, you might have your answer. A dermatologist would know best.

In brief: Dermatitis
Could be hives or contact dermatitis.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Morris Westfried
Candida? This may represent a yeast infection and can. E treated with macron cream or oral antfingals.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
In brief: See a MD
The itching that you described is between the labia and thighs(intra-crural) and could be due to a vaginal infection, contact dermatitis(such as residual soap powder in your underwear), or skin irritation from perspiration that is not absorbed by cotton undergarments and wicked away from the skin.
See your gyn to determine the cause and obtain appropriate treatment.

In brief: See a MD
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Adam Levy