Quick onset of vomiting, then diarrhea all night. Fever of 99.5 earlier today and now 101. 5. No diarrhea/vomit for 9 hrs. Flu or food poisoning?

CouldHaveBeenEither. Sounds like the"24-hours stomach flu,"but it could be either. Why? You eat something weird?Did anyone else eat it? But then each of you could have gotten that flu at the same time. Fever is more common with the flu. As long as you're on your way to better it's kind of a moot point. Just stay away from those peanut butter and mayonnase sandwiches and the week-old potato soup you found in the garage.