I have read that CBC/Comp metobolic panel can be normal in advanced cirrhosis. True? Common? Would I have symptoms at this stage?

Dr. Thomas Rayson
Pathology

In brief: Normal labs

If a patient has cirrhosis they would not have a normal CBC and normal enzyme test usually.
The platelets were often low loThere is also also an anemia. Often the liver function test may appear normal because the liver is damaged sometimes the values appear normal but the CBC shouldn't be completely normal. Symptoms of cirrhosis include jaundice such as yellow eyes and avaricose vein's and edema

In brief: Normal labs

Dr. Thomas Rayson
Dr. Thomas Rayson
Dr. Andrea Brand