Varicocele ( i think ) on the left side. Age 19. No noticeable discomfort . Left testicular atrophy. Palpable veins do i need to worry? Risks?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Here are some ...

After reaching adulthood, varicocelectomy wouldn't help much rescue varicocele-related testicular atrophy.
In fact, some controversy regarding varicocelectomy for varicocele-related testicular atrophy still remains. Yet, in my practice, I still favor such procedure for adolescent varicocele with testicular atrophy, say, at age 15 - 18In. Of course, seek pro-evaluation and counseling timely.

In brief: Here are some ...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin

In brief: Well

That is the problem with the condition.
It is known that it can affect the production of sperm on the testicle on which the cluster of veins exist. I would check with an urologist, do possibly a sperm count on you and if needed treat the condition and the urologist /radiologist are the ones who could help you. Of course you can consult still a pediatrician too.

In brief: Well

That is the problem with the condition.
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Gabriel Goren

In brief: Varicocele

Varicocele is a collection of varicose veins on the spermatic cords.
Symptoms may be non existent, some men experience aching. Their relationship to infertility has been called into question. An exam by an experienced clinician and/or an ultrasound will confirm the diagnosis and will accurately measure actual testicular size. See a urologist to discuss treatments.

In brief: Varicocele

Dr. Rolando Rivera
Dr. Rolando Rivera
Dr. William Forsythe