My fathers grandmother, and my mothers mother, both had breast cancer, I am 40, should I be worried. Does it skip generations or is it off mom or dads?

Cancer lot of factor. Developing breast cancer is not just genetic there are lots of factors. But yes if there is a strong family history a person should be concerned. It depends on when your relatives had breast cancer. If many had breast cancer in their 40-50's then there should be some concern. Genetic Breast cancer can come from mom or dads side, due to autosomal dominant nature, difficult to tell regarding skip.