I've been told since my acne scars relatively are new (4 months old), my Accutane will clear them. Can the peeling/dryness actually do that?

Not how it works. The scars may fill in a bit on their own and since you're not developing new lesions, there's a bit of leveling off. I'm sorry that you weren't given effective treatment in time to avoid scarring, and it's good you're being treated now. Stay the course and you'll be glad. Fillers, microsurgery or laser can help with the scars if you want; several Hollywood studs kept their for the tough-guy look.