I have a mild gluten intolerance. What can I do to help my body cope with gluten? Is this situation reversible?

Dr. Eli Silver
In brief: Probably not
You have to ask your doctor for a more specific explanation for your gluten intolerance -- a.
Is it a celiac sprue -- than it's life long b. Is it wheat ige allergy -- may resolve (depending on your age a few other factors). Oral immunotherapy could be used in the future to help expedite the resolution. C. Wheat indigestion or irritable bowel syndrome -- may resolve on its own.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Eli Silver
Dr. Eli Silver
Pathology
In brief: Go gluten-free
If your blood work / other findings have resulted in a reliable diagnosis of celiac sprue, the diagnosis of "mild glucose intolerance" is like being "a little bit pregnant.
" the book "how doctors think" was inspired by the ease in which common gluten intolerance is overlooked / undertreated. You'll get sicker and sicker (& maybe give yourself cancer) until you go gluten-free.

In brief: Go gluten-free