Is there any permanent treatment for multiple sclerosis??

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Neurology

In brief: All are permanent

all treatments for MS are not curative, in order to stop or slow down the progression of the disease, you have to take them indefnitely.
I hope this answers your question, not sure what you mean by permanent. If you mean that the treatments "permanently" stop progression, only possibly if you keep using them. I like tysabri (natalizumab) despite the side effects. I see MS lesions literally disappear.

In brief: All are permanent

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Dr. Felix Brizuela

In brief: Many options

Currently, 13 different disease modifying agents on US market, and most patients find the oral meds, in absence of needles to be the most comfortable long-range option.
Interferons are less used by MS specialists, and more patients are starting on Gilenya or Tysabri, (natalizumab) but those who have issues with the former, might consider Aubagio or Tecfidera. The most potent med is Lemtrada, but is risky.

In brief: Many options

Dr. Eric Weisman