Can DVT be misdiagnosed? Had 2 ultrasounds(groin to popliteal) two days apart for knee and calf cramps/pain. Constant pain for over 25days. No injury.

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: No

If the ultrasounds are negative you do not have a DVT.

In brief: No

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Yes and no

While any set of symptoms can be misdiagnosed, the most prominent symptom from DVT isn't pain, in fact, it's often painless.
It's swelling (especially unilateral swelling - swelling of one leg and not the other). I'd look for another cause of your pain. Leg pain can be referred (can spread) from the back, hip, and knee and they're the most likely culprits. Calf cramps are common and not due to DVT

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Dvt

unlikely that 2 separate sonograms would miss dvt may be helpful to see an orthopedic surgeon

In brief: Dvt

Dr. Vikram Patel