Is it safe to take diflucan (fluconazole) while trying to conceive? I have a yeast infection but it is too early to take a pregnancy test.

Diflucan (fluconazole) Is really safe but it does have liver toxicity for some and pregnancy needs to be as drug free as possible. Yeast feeds on sugar so if you get rid of that you might "starve it out. A course of Nystatin would be O.K. Because it is not absorbed from the bowel and that is the headquarters of the infection.
Try topical. Diflucan (fluconazole) is pregnancy risk c, so indeterminate; however, there are many good topical treatments such as Miconazole or Clotrimazole creams, you should use those to minimize risk to a potential baby. Good luck!