MRI =Mild" thickening of heart muscle not HOCM.Tortuous descending aorta. Aberrant right subclavian artery which courses posterior to the trachea. ??

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Mild thickening's OK

See my comment to your previous post regarding the other findings (tortuous aorta, subclavian artery).
The mild thickening of the heart muscle is common, and not necessarily from HCM. It could be the effects of long-standing hypertension. Keeping ur BP low with a -pril or a -sartan (Enalapril, Valsartan, etc.) could even reverse the thickening of the heart. Thanks 4 ur question on HealthTap, & GL!

In brief: Mild thickening's OK

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine