Can drinking amoxilin antibiotitics for sore throat give me a yeast infection if so what should I do?

Dr. Tony Ho
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Possibly

Antibiotics disrupt your normal flora, so it leaves you vulnerable to a yeast infection.
You can use any number of topical treatments for this.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Joseph Ortiz

In brief: Solution

Using over the counter vaginal yeast preparations such as monistat-7 or other similar products can help relieve the symptoms.
An easy solution to prevent the problem is to insert about a tablespoonful of plain yogurt intravaginally for a few days to help restore the bacteria which was killed off by the antibiotic.

In brief: Solution

Dr. Joseph Ortiz
Dr. Joseph Ortiz
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine