How do self breast exam? My breasts are in pain and I don't know why, they started hurting Sunday and Monday .what do need do about this

Dr. Kashif Abdullah

In brief: Examine and monitor

A self breast exam is done by using the tips of your fingers and you start the examination starting near the armpit area to feel for lymph nodes.
Then move in a circular pattern around the breast and slowing going to the nipple. Do this lying down and standing up. The pain/tenderness might be due to your menstrual cycle. Continue to monitor if the pain gets worse or you feel a lump see a doctor

In brief: Examine and monitor

Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Your welcome :)
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz

In brief: Breast discomfort

Breasts frequently become tender as a result of hormonal fluctuations.
Is it possible you could be pregnant? The purpose of a self breast exam is to assess for swelling and suspicious lumps which usually do not cause tenderness.

In brief: Breast discomfort

Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Dr. Jane Van Dis