I have a cluster of yellow little bumps around the head of my penis and some on my shaft it itches at night and skin is scaly and sheds when erect ?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Yeast? Herpes??

This sounds like a yeast infection or nonspecific inflammation under the foreskin, especially if uncircumcised and the bumps are not painful.
However, genital herpes also is a possibility -- more likely if pain, if the bumps started like clear fluid blisters, or if pain or swelling in the groin. See a doctor to be certain and get appropriate treatment, ASAP (within 1-2 d) for best diagnosis & Rx.

In brief: Yeast? Herpes??

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
There are other possibilites as well. Any of several kinds of dermatitis can involve the penis. See a doctor.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham