Is it possible to have JIA as an adult with normal blood work and painful joints?

Dr. Paul Rosen
Pediatric Rheumatology

In brief: JIA as an adult

JIA is defined as having arthritis starting before the age of 16 years.
If you have JIA, the arthritis can either continue into adulthood or go into remission. The typical course of rheumatoid arthritis in an adult is to have ongoing arthritis. Arthritis typically causes joints that are painful, swollen, and stiff. Painful joints without swelling and stiffness may be from another cause.

In brief: JIA as an adult

Pathology

It's not that rare.
The real decision is whether to treat. I'd leave this to a focused rheumatologist.

It's not that rare.
Dr. Cindy Juster