If I have an abscess or deep cavity in one of my lower front teeth, can they do a root canal on a front tooth or just extraction?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Abscessed front toot

Your front tooth can be treated with a root canal if there is enough tooth structure and bone support to properly restore the tooth.
Extraction would be needed if there has ben too much decay to restore the tooth. A crown may also be needed after the root canal to restore your tooth to proper form and function.

In brief: Abscessed front toot

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See a dentist

Root canal treatment is the only option if you want to save your tooth.
In light of recent studies, if the tooth condition allows it, this procedure can be done in a single visit. See a dentist for examination and treatment options.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine